Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a girls wants..........

........... while visiting Hobbes' tiger cage I came upon a link to an article about men's roles ( http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/life/article.jsp?content=20051031_114332_114332 ). It got me to thinking....what do WE want in a man??? Of course every woman will answer differently about what they like in a man. As a married woman should I even be considering what I "want" in a man when I have one? Hmmm...thats a conundrum ain't it. Well I maybe married, and usually in love, but I am not dead in that an attractive (to me) male can't make my nostrils flare and tummy flutter. In examining what I would like in a FANTASY man I am very contradictory...and I think that this is where the mixed signals men have come in, in general. Poor little things..while we bitch about men wanting brainless barbi doll women that drop trou at the wink of an eye, are we any better..or less confusing? This article looks at how girly men have become in media...do we look for this in real life/ hmmmm....
I like men that dress nicely...not like magazine cover but not in ripped sweats either. Guys, find the middle ground! Those of you that have, BRAVO! Those of you that go around in sports shirts and baggy ass pants..get a friggin' grip.
I like men that are funny but not "on" all the time...that is tiresome. A dry sense of humor and a sense of the ridiculous is stimulating.
I like men that have some gallantry or chivalry towards women but please do NOT let us walk all over you...cuz we will! And who can respect a doormat?
I like a man who is sensitive but not a cry baby..oh boo hoo the poor "insert downtrodden people or animals here", i just get so choked up!! Uuuumm..not attractive. Suck it up! Care but don't be a sooky! Whiney ass.
See how contradictory I am?
Plus, I don't want to be bossed around and told what I can or cannot do...who do you think you are my Father?? Piss off! But in the bedroom sometimes a gal LIKES to be overcome by the male (in a GOOD way). It makes some of us feel attractive, desirable, irresistable, and feminine..especially those of us that tend to be strong and capable...take that burden off our shoulders sometims eh? We don't always want to be the aggressor or leader in the sack although it can be a power trip by times and enjoyable for y'all as well I am sure. But to have to do aaaalll the work all the time? C'mon! There must be a balance....
So..I want a funny, well presented , sensitive man thats an uncouth over sexed mercenary/pirate in the sack...what's so wrong with that?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL! Well said!

JD Hobbes said...

Why... that is so me! I'm a perfect guy after all.

Of course, the real issue is not what women want from their men: it's what men want from themselves.

scarletcougar said...

So true Hobbes... and I think the way most boys are raised these days, they are left uncertain as to what they want and what their roles ought to be or what they want them to be.