Thursday, April 20, 2006

Head mice

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a case of head lice in the house and I am creeped way out. ick ick ick I checked the boys Monday night because there had been a notice from school and found nothing. Tonight Ben was saying his head was itchy and Voila...creepy crawlies.
Ugh...Anyways, I ran to the pharmacy for special (poisonous) shampoo and nit combs and prayed he was the only one. So far nothing on Cameron or us. My skin is still crawing though.
Then the pain in the ass factor...4 beds worth of bedding to go through the washer and dryer and stuffed toys etc to bag up for a week or more. Also vacuumed his room and will daily.
Off to research in case I missed something.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

you can also tie the pillows in a plastic bag and leave it for 10 days. Most important way of getting rid of lice and the eggs is teh heat from the dryer. I work in a daycare and apparently everywhere on the island of MTL is having major breakouts of lice in schools and daycares. Poor you!

Ali P said...

Yup...the washer and dryer are working overtime.........