Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What day is it....?

Oh..right Wednesday! I gets confused. Easily. Shaddup.
Ok..weird dream...had this dream that someone was slagging the Yarn Harlot's blog for her us of grammar or something in THEIR blog and I phoned them and argued the case that grammar is not necessarily a law to be followed when it come to colloquialisms etc. Basically, the ideas presented are very thoroughly understood and if grammar rules are bent for the sake of funny, then shut your southern fried pie hole. Very weird. But note how my EngLit degree of yore and Yarn Harlot adoration merged to creat a very memorable dream experience. heh.
Other notes: Jessie's plain 3 +1 ribbed sock is coming along as I create the heel flap. You know, knitting is like magic. String and sticks makes clothes. How crazy is that?? But I digress. Heel flap was meant to be Eye Of Partridge because I have wanted to try it forever but I mis-remembered the instructions and am doing something else that I don't know what it is but looks very nice...LOL. If someone knows the name of this heel flap PLEASE comment. Its slip on knit one on the knit side, and slip one purl one on the purl side. Looks nice. No idea what its called but its the instructions that stuck in my head from somewhere I can't remember that I THOUGHT was Eye Of Partridge but quite clearly, is not. I should Google heel flap variations....
Uuuumm...what else...
Boys are still great. We have had a very positive school experience thus far but you know, it is only week two after all. And I am so well caught up with laundry I scare myself. Seriously! No mountains anywheres!!! No Clean Laundry Mountains...no dirty laundry mountains...Its TRUE! Non believer...I shun you! Shhuuuuuuuuunnnnn...
Cammie is having a buddy over night on Friday and I told Ben he should invite a buddy next weekend. Of course he wanted neighbor kid but I said, you know, you have school pals now that we know where they live and you have been to their homes (playdate and a birthday party) How about someone NEW! So i think he's considering it. See the thing with having neighbor kid over is taht things quickly deteriorate between the 3 kids. Maybe with a classmate it would stay fun and happy!
Aquariumwise, we still have 4 fish. I need to get my QuickFilter attachment's refill. Keep forgetting. Maybe today, because the bottom feeders need new food tablets. water keeps discolouring from the stupid log. and I had broken the top lamp so we just use a regular lamp on the side. Really gotta do something about that.
Dogwise: Blossom tried to make a break for it again. Silly bitch. She found a way out of our FENCED and hedged back yard. sigh. I know, maybe we should try ...oh..I dunno...TYING her out but thats just such a pain in the ass. You just know that, thickie that she is, she will tangle every ten seconds.
Kitteh wise: Miss Kitty continues to pine for neighbor lady but now comes HOME to eat on a regularish basis and can then be trapped INDOORS for the night which makes for lots of kittehsnuggles for me in bed. Flash is not a cat who needs a lot of love or affection. She'll let ya know ( Petpet scratch aaaaaaannnndd...we're done). Whereas Miss Kitty wants ever more chin and ear scratchings and body massage and if its not enough will bat at you with her paw to continue when you stop to rest your arms. Her fave position for cuddles is on top of my chest or lying on my side like Freckles used to do but note she is NOT a cat that can be held thus her snuggles are more of the "you a nice heated mattress" variety than the cuddled- in- for- affection variety. I had a cat that was AWESOME for that. L'il Lucifer. He was black. His position to go to sleep with me at night was held in my arm like a baby, head on shoulder, body held close to my side by my arm, front paw across my chest. EVERY night. He actually waited on the bed, grooming, while I performed my bedtime toilette (skin care, jammies etc) and then once I was between the sheets he'd take his place. He was a great snuggler but then I left him with my mom and dad when I went back to Uni and he never forgave me. Oh the guilt....
Tonight is a Knit-Night in NDG. I LOVE NDG. If I could live in an area of the city proper it would SO be NDG. I love the old brick townhouses and big detached places, and the big trees shading the streets, and amenities nearby like Monkland Avenue......sigh. I missed my Friday night at Effiloche because I was tired and we had to get up early on Saturday for Quebec City. that sucked...now this week is a sleepover...Dang. Although....I could leave HM with them.
Speaking of knitting, some of the girls go to La Bobineuse for crazy cheap cones of yarn. Am intrigued. Maybe on Saturday I can escape....


No comments: