Friday, March 09, 2007

Sweater Progress

Still loving the yarn and the colours (they are not as bright as the photo would suggest)but iffy on the youngling's choice of colour work pattern. Seems heavy to me but hey..I'm not gonna be wearing it. Now my question is Can I utilise a different colour pattern in the area I am working now without it looking tooo patchworky and goofy?I'm leading into the blue work now and would like to use a different pattern of red in the blue band. This working will take me to the arm pits where I will divide the sweater onto different needles for the front and back, joining by sewing at the shoulders then picking up and knitting for the set in style sleeves. I am thinking some blue near the cuffs and on the collar would be a good way to tie it all together. Already I am itching to make another sweater.....hee hee hee.

4 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Looks great Alison!

Scrappytbear said...

Goodness, that does look nice! What a lot of work!

Vicky said...

It's really shaping up...great job Alison!

Ali P said...

Thanks, darlin's!!!!