Saturday, September 16, 2006

Can you say Yummy?

I created this soup Thursday in my slow cooker. Don't ya just love throwing things in and walking away. No fuss, minimal muss. It was a hit both with my taste buds and my husband's and there is NONE LEFT as of lunch time yesterday (we had seconds and thirds). I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did. This took stuff I had in the fridge and freezer since it was near grocery day and fresh stuff was non existant in the fridge, except the celery.

Beef Vegetable Soup recipe

lean Hamburger
1 liter vegetable cocktail
1 liter water
2 packets beef Oxo
minced garlic or galic powder
chopped celery
frozen stew vegetables (one package..I think they are by Arctic Gardens)
handful or so each of: pot barley
split yellow peas
lentils (the big kind not tiny orange ones)
Thyme
Pepper
Parsley

Throw it all in the slow cooker, breaking up the hamburger. Stir well to combine ingredients.
Cook on low for the day, or on high for 4-5 hours, making sure all is cooked well.
Can you say YUM? You may want a bit of salt or pepper with this at serving time. Also, add any seasonings you feel appropriate to customise. I made up the recipe as I went so I don't have any measurements for most stuff. This filled my slow cooker and its a pretty good size. If yours is smaller then adjust amounts appropriately.

No comments: