Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saw Open Season Tonight...(spoilers)

...and near wet my pants laughing!! In my opinion it was way better than Over The Hedge. The humor was deviant enough to get my youngest and I laughing, there were no "dead" spots where you get bored because the action or plot has withered away, the characters were cute, the voices were fine, and the animation was superb.
My movie meter for animated animal based flicks give this baby a 4 outta 5.
Who doesn't love Scottish accented tough talkin' squirrels, Patrick Warburton as ANY character (in this case the top buck, Ian), toilet and/or poop humor ( the bear can't S#*! in the woods), and a parody of Teddy Bear's Picnic? All in ONE film. I thought Cameron was going to pass out from laughing and even Ben enjoyed it. And to think I didn't want to go!! Boy was I off base. Its not Nemo (could anything equal Nemo??) but it beats Hoodwinked, The Wild, and Over The Hedge. I say its equal with Madagascar for me.

These are the lyrics I found for Elliot's version of Teddy Bear's Picnic:
Once there was a magical elf who lived in a rainbow tree.
He lived downstairs from a flatulent dwarf who constantly had to pee.
One day the elf could take it no more so he went to bandg on the rude dwarf's door,
And what do you know they suddenly both were marrried!


Yes, I know. It makes no sense but once you hear the line about the dwarf you are laughing too loud to hear the rest. I hope Cammie didn't rupture his spleen from his giggles. Poor family next to us. Poor poor family......

No comments: