Friday, April 13, 2007

What a friggin' week........

Ben is still getting bad behaviour reports from school (except for today) and since this is going on HM decided in his infinite wisdom (sarcasm) that we should reduce Ben's meds rather than increase since his behaviour is still bad (anger issues). This after i spent 5 hours at the CLSC getting his prescription chnged for the higher dose... The new dosage helps his focus and attention for the school work but has no improvement on the hair trigger temper. Anyhoo, This creatyed a major rift in the ol' parental team yesterday but we worked it out and are seeking counselling/therapy for Ben and us for dealing with his temper outbursts etc. we found a learning disabilities association tooo!!!! YAY!!!! I can feel the hope rising..despair departing..
Also, there are summer camps for brats...I mean...special needs children like Ben. Cost a mint but the change of atmosphere and learning better social skills from someone else (might actually sink in???) may be of huge benefit all around. Which brings us to boats....
As in..Looks like this isn't the year after all. HM has been crunching the numbers..with needing to change his old beat up Echo for something more road worthy, needing counselling etc for ben, the fact taht the boats we looked at needed more work than we had hoped...its all adds up to him going mental trying to make it happen. I was willing to work in a strict budget for him to make it happen but he thinks its best to wait.
So, this year is no boat but less crazy man. Also, this year we can work at paying off more debt to loosen up the monthy coffers and maybe buy a NEW boat rather than a fixer upper next year.
I was wondering how he thought he was gonna make boat and newish car payments but didn't push the matter cuz he gets tetchy when I question his fiscal expertise. Its better for him to come to these realizations on his own.
Today I did a major grocery shopping in order to avoid trips to the market. I am trying to reduce our grocery budget to make Ben's help more affordable. Fewer trips means fewer unnecessary expenditures (in theory).
Also, I got a couple of new bras because my sister yelled at me for not using enough support. As if there is such a thing. Chyeah...right. Anyhoo, bought 3 nice ones at La Senza in an effort to boost these babies up where they belong so that unfortunate incidents like todays will not be so commonplace. What happened? you ask with concern...
Well, I'll tell ya what happened. I wore a blouse today. With buttons. Thanks to not enough boost in the bust the buttons were a bit strained...until they undid themselves without my knowledge. I discovered this at the check out. Oops a button undone..wait..another..and another...........
So, about 4 buttons in my blouse were undone in the boobular area at the grocery store. For an uncertain length of time....
I am sooo fucking cool.

No comments: