Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today's Business

It was another bright day earlier on. though nowhere near the glorious temperatures of yesterday. Hman finished anchoring my compost tumbler with another batch of cement, so it should never tip ever again! YAY!. Its already practically full as well so as soon at that cement is hard I have to start tumbling it.
I dug up my wisteria today. Its been growing wonderfully in its spot, but alas, its just not the spot for me to have it. I moved it to the back yard where it can take over the chain link fence and maybe someday bloom! That would be lovely. I had a lot of untangling and clipping of the vine to get it arranged to take over the area.
Then since the wisteria spot was now empty, I dug up my Don Juan climbing rose and popped it in the empty space.

Hman bulit me a potato box today as well! Together we tackled the raspberry canes and tied them back so they stop trying to snare poor unsuspecting creatures (like me) trying to get around.
Ben got in on the action and dug dandelions, emptied bags of black earth, and watered things. An all around excellent helper in the yard and garden activities when the mood strikes.
Now the 3 menfolk are gone to the Cirque Du Soleil "OVO" show in the Old Port. I have peice and quiet and spinach dip...aaaaaahhhhh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful, peaceful evening. Enjoy!

Terri-Lynn said...

Spinach dip and a spoon? lol I luvs spinach dip.

Suldog said...

I wish I had the time to do some serious gardening. It's dark when I get home, and I play softball on weekends, so... I guess when I'm a bit older.

Tara said...

I SO need to see your garden, Alison! It sounds like paradise, I swear! lol