Thursday, October 09, 2008

Blah Blahhing....





I have no idea what my problem is but I have just not felt up to posting about the "European" vacation. There is just SO MUCH to tell. Stories and anecdotes abound and the very thought of committing it all into blah blah is exhausting!!!
Here is a way to get the info out. In the comments ASK ME A PERTINENT QUESTION and I will try and answer it to the best of my ability.
I will say this: Spain kinda blew my mind. The landscape is so unfamiliar to me and so Un-Eastern Canada. Its very austere, trees do NOT abound, and 'holy olive trees!' The hills (mountains actually...the Andalusians) are so pointy and sharp...that was my adjective a lot'Its all so...sharp!'. I am used to things being a little more rounded and vegetation covered rather than bare granite pointiness. Very cool and a wee bit scary/awe inspiring.
The trip consisted of stays in Gaucin and Granada with visits to Gibraltar, Paris, and Tangier, and other assorted Spanish towns like Tarifa, Ronda, Malaga, Estepona, Algatocin... The weather was not fabulous the whole trip. We had a fair share of rain and cloud but that was ok too.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Is that a fortress you're inside of? Gibraltar?

Ali P said...

The picture of me and the well lit skull is indeed on Gibraltar. The original skull was found before those infamous Neander Valley remains and is carbon dated to be of the same vintage. So, prehistoric man was spread out pretty well!
This skull (the model of the original) is found in St Michael's Cavern which is awe inspiring to the extreme in its natural wonder.