Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Been Offline

Our babysitter, sweet as she is, somehow changed a setting or two on our Connection info and so we haven' been able to get online for a couple of days. Its been a pain but what can ya do.
The brunch was fine Sunday. The food was good. The location seemed ok if a bit far to walk from the metro (I had 2 children with me). The staff could have been much more pleasant though.You'd think that a business would be happy to get a group of our size because it means more money in the till at the end of the day. Its not as if they had no warning like when a bus arrives at McDonalds. I found at first the waitresses were stressed to the point of being a bit unfriendly (resentful of the stress?) but that could just be me. I know that I ordered Sam some more tea when I asked for more coffee and though the coffee did eventually arrive, the tea never did. My son tired of waiting for me to flag the waitress down so that he could have more milk, and basically got her attention himself when she passed him by. The power of little kids!! She was very gracious to him...he was happy she called him "sweetie". All in all it was fine. Maybe next time they'll be better prepared for us. The boys also enjoyed the Tam Tams on Mont Royal and treasure the tam tam and maracas we got before hand.
Saturday night was a lovely time at Richard's coworkers house. It was nice to be out with grown ups even if I have nothing in common with them.
Passed my stone lore test on Friday and am working on my animal lore. Boy there is a lot of homework.
Today I am a vegetable. Really. I don't want to move. I wish I could just curl up and nap this cold grey afternoon away but Ben has an orthodontist appointment after school. Early to bed for me tonight.

No comments: