Friday, May 05, 2006

Serenity Charity Screening

Things seem to be ticking right along on the screening works. Prakash, Scarlet, and Sebastien have been doing an awesome job. I feel very happy to be a part of the process. I'm a "tell me what to do" kinda person rather than a prime organiser and that suits me juuuuuust fine!!! All the why wherefore and whosamicwhatchits confuse me. Just tell me what to do and YOU deal with the legalities and details.
gearing up for the big "trip" east in two weeks...eeeeeeee. excited. Gotta make lists soon. What clothes need to be available, what do I need to take home to family, what do I need to remember to take back with me, who do I try to fit into my schedule. This isn't just about the conference for me. I mean, yeah thats cool and all but I will be trying to fit in visiting and quality time too. So nightime activities and just hanging around with the conference folk will be kinda limited a bit. I can't wait to throw my arms around my sister and just give her a big ol' hug. There may be tears.
Yesterday I was super frustrated..our pool is NOT clearing well. I went to Canadian Tire to examine my additive options and maybe get some pool advice and do you think I could find ANYONE to help me?? NO. Noone was in the pool section at all. And anyone I did stop elsewhere spoke NO English at all. ARGH. That fucking language barrier leaves big ol' marks when I run ito it.
I know I'm being unreasonable but its still frustrating to not be able to do the simplest frigging things. Some people are nice and helpful and TRY to understand my French (which I am told is improving) but then there are those that just look at me as if I am from Mars or something and WILL NOT slow their speech down so that I MIGHT be able to pick out enough words to put together an idea of what the fuck they are blathering about. siiiiigggghhhhhh.
Anyways, thats life.

No comments: