Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday

After Cameron telling me all week that daddy was taking him to the Rodger's Cup today I finally thought to ask Hman about it. "What time are you two leaving tomorrow?" I asked last night. He had no idea what I was referring to. I filled him in. Turns out the Rodger's Cup is later in July. This is why 9 year olds are not reliable sources of information or agenda keeping.
Its a good thing that they weren't sitting out watching major tennis matches because its been raining pretty much the whole day. Holy humidity, Batman! There are parts of the house that are getting decidely funky smelling from the heavy doses of moisture we've been having lately : ie the living room has a distinct dog like aroma thanks to, of course, the DOG. The basement has been a bone of contention since we moved in. While not a disgustingly damp icky place, it is damper than I'd like. Just right for mild cases of mildew. This is not a plus in a family room area where we tend to spend a lot of time. For 3 years I have been saying 'Need a Dehumidifier..." to be answered with the "Yeah yeah...." of the over burdened man of the house (snicker). Today I got my way!!!!!!!!!!!
There was no tantrumming....there was no pushing....there was no threatening of dire mildewy consequences.. I just said that it would be a good day to head to Sears and he said "OK!!!" GASP!
~~Digression: While there I totally got some new summer tshirts which were a point of wardrobe desperation at this point. The old ones were all either stained or too tight/short. It was becoming difficult to dress myself to leave the house. ~~
We are the proud operators of a Kenmore digital dehumidifier (with Energy Star sticker) now and I foresee the family room becomming a much less sticky/smelly place to hang out. Relative humidity is already down by 10%!!! Sweet. I thinks I'm in luuuuuv.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Gotta get my parents to get one of those things. They positively REEK of mildew when they come over!!!