Monday, March 31, 2008

I lost the sock monkey doll instructions...

.....but have refound them!!! There is NO WAY I was gonna pay for instructions so imagine my joy when I found them for free! Again!
I'm a big fan of the CLASSIC red lipped monkey. You need red heeled work socks for it (not a fan of the embroidered lips found these days), But there are many variations on the theme nowadays( Mr T sock monkey with mohawk and piercings??). I would imagine construction is very similar if not pretty much the same.

http://lennytaylor.freeyellow.com/ Also check out the sock elephant.

I don't know how this escaped my notice but thanks to Yarn Harlots success with it, I have now printed off the Sock Monkey Hat pattern from Knitty. http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTsockmonkey.html
If my crafting back log continues in this fashion I may have to hire elves.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I know! I didn't remember the sock monkey hat pattern either, until she mentioned it. Maybe I'll make it for my youngest nephew...