Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Success

The boys made it home after their first morning of school safe and sound and seemingly pleased with life. I was relieved when the front door openned and they thundered in after walking home all by themselves. I'm so proud.
The search for a "special" sock pattern with which to knit my sister's socks in Collinette Jitterbug sock yarn is over. I have settled on Ann Budd's diagonal rib sock in Knitting Daily. It looks easy enough for me and not too plain, Following a pattern will slow me down but the other two pair can be done plainer so I should get them all done by Xmas for her.
Also thinking on Cameron's sweater and how it should be. I think raglan and in the round with the colour work done in a purl stitch for texture, contrast color also in a stripe in the ribbings and for the collar. I think. Gotta make all my calculations to know how much to cast on. I have Cameron's second sock on the gusset decreases now but the itch to start something new is very very string. Startitis strikes again!!!!

No comments: