Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ok....




So I was all itchy to start a new project so I wound Jessie's Collinette Jitterbug (Jewel colourway) into a yarn cake and cast on Ann Budd's Diagonal Rib Sock from Knitting Daily. On round four I had to rip it all out and cast on again, and again, again....and yet again. I just wasn't leaving enough tail for all 65 stitches(3 times!!!). DUH!! So, we're all casted on again and I slogged through round one..catching my mistakes as I go..round two...3...oooh round 4... HOLY SHIT! A full pattern repeat DONE. I just stopped after round 6 cuz I felt woozy what with the concentration and all. Poor poor brain.

At this rate of 3 hours per 6 rows the socks should be done intime for the next millenium. Hopefully I will speed up. The Collinette is frigging awesome to work with I must say. Nicely springy in my hands, not too fine. It called for a 3.5 MM needle but I took it down to a 3. Stll seems a tad loose to me but that maybe because of the pattern. The colours are lush and juicy if colours can be called that. No mamby pamby pastels, neutrals, or muddied colours here. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. Its much more vibrant in person. I will DEFINITELY buy Jitterbug again. Well...I didn't buy it this time so not again..I will DEFINITELY buy some. There.


No comments: