Wednesday, August 22, 2007

One Day....

One day in NS I took my kids and my Mom to Lismore Sheep Farm. My mom has been an avid knitter all her life but age is slowing her down and taking the fun out of it for her what with arthritis and following patterns and all. She was very excited to visit the farm though! When you arrive signs invite you to check out the barn where interpetive displays explain shepherding, sheep, wool, shearing and just about everything inbetween. After the barn and some lamb lovin's we headed to their wool shop. I bought DPN's in sizes I didn't already have and some yarns and some roving for doing thrummed knitting. Mom bought 2 sock kits.
Some of the yarn I bought was white/natural and these I took over to Mom's one day and dyed with Koolade. The green and blue skein ended up getting trashed but the rest woyund into yarn cakes beautifully and are waiting to be made into...somethings....


4 comments:

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Cute sheepies! What happened to the blue and green skein?? I love those colours together. Looked pretty awesome to me...

Scrappytbear said...

Well Ive been waiting here patiently to see what you did do, so its about time you mentioned something! LOL!Love the yarn! Cant wait to see what you make and STILL bummed about the blue/green which is my Fav hands down!

Vicky said...

Neat, the yarn looks funky!!!! So sorry we didn't get to visit. Trent had been working like crazy to make up for the fact that I have had no monsy since I still haven't recieved my unemployment for the summer, and if you haven't heard...I'm pregnant and haven't felt the best. NOt horrible, but just not great either!

Anonymous said...

what cute cut out sheep! and lovely yarn too! :)h