Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh they did have SOME fun.....





DETAILS: So....it was a beeeeeyooootiful Saturday afternoon. Seriously gorgeous with LOW humidity but HOT. We spent it in the pool goofing around and I also sat in the shade working on mitten #2 of red instant mitts. Then around 4 we decided to head for the boat and see what the wind was like.
It was good! Not too little a wind but we could have used a pinch more. Lac Deux Montagnes gets VERY choppy in big wind and its not a fun leisure sail. We had some chop both natural and asshole...I mean powerboat..sourced. Again thanks to over zealous large powerboats speeding by our wee sail boat I almost fell in. Grrr...
The breeze was heavenly on our hot selves and the sun was bright in the western sky when we started out. The moon had risen and appeared to be made of the same cirrus type high clouds that we were finding shapes in (rooster on an island, beautiful lady, laughing worm...). MANY boats on the water both sail and motor and big power boats. Lots of traffic.
I saw two huge pike jump. I am serious, these bastards were enormous for lake fish (to my eyes). At least the length of my arm for the smaller of the two and when they jumped it was clear out of the water, into the air, and back down sideways like when whales breach. Very cool but made me mildly nervous for the safety of our toes hanging over the bow to get splashed by waves. Pike are toothy bitey fishies.
The sun was going down when we turned back. I think we docked around 8 pm or so. Once we were back in our "parking spot" at the club we headed homeward, stopping at the Mike's on St Martin, Laval for supper because I had a massive craving for spaghetti and meatballs caused by repeatedly singing "On Top Of Spaghetti" with Cameron and Ben on the way back to shore. Mmmmspaghetti and meatballs....
Today, being Sunday, it is rainy and hot. Fitting non?

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow, you've just had a perfect weekend, haven't you?