Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What A Day

It started with excitement and big plans and ended with me losing my effing sh&^.

My friend Geeta asked me to tape one of her be Green segments for the news with her, demonstrating my homemade cleaning stuffs. I hauled my stuff into the city, got an excellent parking spot...paid for said parking and we had fun doing the spot.
When we returned to my car the was a notice on my windshield...and a frikkin' BOOT ON MY WHEEL!!! Thats when I lost it. I was on a tight schedule to get back home before the boys got home from school. And there was a FRIKKIN' BOOT ON MY WHEEL. Luckily I got in touch with the boys school before they got out and had them diverted to the after school program.
I called the number and the bailiffs office said that we had two outstanding tickets. Now, I asked a certain someone 2 weeks ago if the ticket from the night Geeta and I went out was taken care of (since he is in the city 5 days a week he could pay it easier). He said yes. This other ticket, also likely mine, was also taken care of as far as I knew. I have yet to be able to confirm this with Hman because I have not been able to get in touch with him.

I had to zip downtown on the Metro...pay the fine that as far as I knew was unnecessary and was it BIG!!!!...jump on the Metro again and get back, grab my car and get home.
The fine was monstrous. Definitely wasn't planned for and I am sick to my stomach about it.
Plus my friend probably thinks I am a huge loser because everytime we get together, something incredibly disastrous happens.

6 comments:

Veronik said...

Nobody could ever think you were a loser.
*Ever*.

Suldog said...

Ugh. I've had a car booted once, too. Unlike you, I knew I owed the fines. I don't know which is worse, really. At least you had righteous indignation on your side. Me, I was just a dope.

kate-the-enabler said...

Hey! Since I'm catching up with a few days (a week's?) blog posts backwards - I already know that this story ends up ok - phew...what a dreadful experience.
On a somewhat related note...did your spot with Geeta air already? If not - do you know when? If so - is it archived somewhere? I'd love to see it :)

Ali P said...

No the Be Green segment we did together won't air until Easter Monday after that it will be on the Be Green blog at cbc.ca/begreen

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Just remember, our friends love us no matter what.

Tara said...

I SO would have lost it too. Don't feel bad about feeling bad.