Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 20ths...The Aftermath...

My eldest baby turned 11 on Friday and had a sleepover with two school chums last night. We did pizza from Pizza Surprise, cake and ice cream, went to the movies to see Nim's Island (L'ile De Nim in French) where they also played arcade games and had childrens combos (popcorn, Starbursts, and slush or pop). Then we all came home...I was wiped!!! The kids weren't though. They piled into Ben's room for more playing of games and Gameboys. Eventually they fell asleep.
I got up at the ungodly hour of 8:30 to make pancakes, slice up watermelon, and be sociable. Ugh...
Now one of the friends is staying until 1 pm...... Did I really say I wanted my problem child to have friends???? Just kidding. These guys have been no problem at all and they seem to be enjoying the visit. I am hoping for more play dates between the 3 so Ben can work on his social skils and sense of humour more. He NEEDS more social interaction with friends outside of school. This was just the ticket.

So to sum up...we all survived although Ben will be getting a stern talking to for being rude to Daddy last night. Maybe Daddy shouldn't hold a grudge and let it go? Hmmmm......
On the knityting front I have managed to frak up the lovely Belle- Maman socks but it may have been tiredness and distraction... Stupid mistakes...

2 comments:

Tara said...

You got to sleep in until 8:30 and you're complaining??? LOL!!! (My kids wake up at 6, rain or shine, weekday or weekend).

Ali P said...

Hey ,
I did my time!!!!!! Now I like to sleep in. Still recovering.