Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogging from HOME

I'm back. It was a long drive yesterday and I actually had to park in a Big Stop parking lot and take a nap for awhile before gassing up again and continuing on my way. It helped A LOT I must say, since I was very noddy headed before the nap and not at all afterward. Even with a nap and locking myself out of my car at a Moncton McDonald's, I made excellent time ( about 13 hours) and was home before the kid's bedtime.

My last visit with Dad was my longest. I wanted to spend extra time with him on my last day. I left while he was napping for a break and returned to him after his supper. We had a nice time. Sometimes he was lucid enough to know what I was talking about or to ask pertinent questions, but most of the time he's in his own version of reality that we think may be based on the thousand's of books he's read over his lifetime. Or his own fantasy. Its hard to say.

I finished my Nutkin socks while away! One is tighter than the other due to my own stress filled knitting hands. Tighter tension. Still wearable though.

I was loving Teri's version of Hermione's Everyday Socks so I casted on in "Sage Heather" On Your Toes fingering. Work is stalled on the Kria sweater because I am waiting for measurements.

Cameron has been highly emotional since I got home. Ben is happy and jolly but Cam has gone from happy to obstinate and weepy. He says he doesn't know why. 11 can be so hard, all the feelings starting to get jumbled etc. I remember having days like that and not being understood or even understanding it myself and having the grown ups get exasperated and yell at me for being a pain in the ass. Such is the life of a pre-teen... I'm trying to be understanding and supportive which is hard when you have someone defying you or telling you to leave them alone. Sometimes alone time is the best. He usually comes back to me cooled off and able to talk/apologize/be held. I think all the feelings that my being away created are all coming out at once and fairly inappropriately. Poor guy.

It was hard being away and out of my own home space, yet I really appreciated my time with my family. I feel closer to Teri since we got some actual TIME together just hanging out. Same with her husband. He's a very nice guy, which I knew, but he can also be quite kind and thoughtful in unexpected ways. The girls were both sweet and sour so I got to see them as they really are rather than always best behaviors, and I love them even more for it. Now I love the REAL girls and not just facades.

Anyway, I am home now with my guys and am glad. Very glad.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Trite, but true: There's no place like home.

Tara said...

Being a pre-teen sucks the wet donkey's ASS. MAN am I NOT looking forward to going through it with the kids!