Friday, January 15, 2010

PP#3





My friend Janet made me these uber cute wrist bands for my birthday. Look at that beading???!!!! Thats attention to detail, my friends. I am so blessed to have made amazingly talented friends here in the QC.
The hat is my latest finished object, and I am hugely proud of it. This is H-man's very warm,lined, earflap tuque. After its Soak in the sink, it blocked out nicely on my styrofoam head form. It fits H-Man and he has declared it awesome and plans to wear it with pride on the slopes ASAP.
Yarns: Noro Kureyon makes the multicoloured background, Warani is the beige patterning, and Mission Falls DK is the soft, smooth lining.
Pattern: Its based on the Circus Loop Hat pattern by Luckyfind on Ravelry (free!!!) with some tweeking of the cast on number to accomodate both earflaps and a knit-in lining.
Knitting this hat reminded me of how much I enjoy the quick gratification of knitting hats and I forsee more in my knit future. Maybe not as involved as this one though.

2 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

I pronounces it GORGEOUS. Lucky guy! (loved the PR photos too - you guys looked relaxed, and like you were having a really nice time.)

Anonymous said...

Cute wrist bands- and fantastic hat!!